Who wants to make a bagillion dollars?

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

TBert
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TBert » Tue May 31, 2005 2:04 pm

I live in a pseudo-european place when it comes to denial of certain restaurants. There's no IHOP in Hawaii. There's no Perkins. No Olive Garden. No Applebee's. But there's a Starbucks on every third corner, and a McDonald's on every 4th corner. But there are cute SoCal tourist chicks, complete with their daddy's credit cards and something to prove, on EVERY corner.
pro libertate eos occubuisse - "they died for liberty"

Clan Head - Valn Ohtar

SGT - US Army

23-year-old father of 3 - really needs a beer

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue May 31, 2005 3:57 pm

Undertaker wrote:
Protput wrote: you guys just got an extra admirer! I can't believe you tasted it all! That's great!

Which did you like best?
I don't think I can answer that. For Belgians, I do tend to prefer Tripel's. My wife prefers Lambic, esp Framboise. Of all styles, I think I like Porter best.
When I was 18 I went to the only club we had in Borås, a minor town in Sweden. They had something named All American Night which was a deal at the bar. You got two Budwisers, two eeeh LaBatt Ice (sp?) and something with a moose on the sticker. It was really cheap and you got it in a tin bucket (which you later used as a stupid helmet and couldnt figure out why you had a hart time hitting on girls). Since I got the most beer for the least amount of money this was the way to go for me. Over the two years I went out at that club I came to like and finally actually prefer those American beers.

That type of "taste" is gone now however. I now prefer Ale or at least something from Bayern. Anything dark actually.

A neighbour usually gets something called Tropical which taste like crap. Anyone know where that is from? (I am actually asking)

IHOP? International House Of Pancakes? Am I right or is my mind twisted enough to make those words out of that abbriviation on itself?

What about Wafflehouse? I liked that when I lived over there. And Dominoes.

At the school lunch I remember often buying something called "Stromboli" but I cant for the life of me remember what the heck it was. Funny since I remembered it to be sort of a favorite.
First one here, last one to leave.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue May 31, 2005 6:58 pm

In my most humble opinion, Irish or English beer is the best. I don't drink very often, but when I do, it's usually from one of those two places. As for IHOP, you are right on the money there Duke. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any in SoCal, although I don't keep much of an eye out for them either. I do notice plenty of those SoCal chicks that you mentioned though, Tbert, and if you think you see plenty now, just remmeber, school's out for the summer very soon for most universities out here. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Protput
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Protput » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:37 am

Dameon wrote:In my most humble opinion, Irish or English beer is the best.
what kind?

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:24 pm

Protput wrote:
what kind?
Had a Fuller's 1845 the other day, mmm. Same for the St Peters Cream Stout I had too.

Hey Dook, ever had Carnegie Porter, good stuff.

Nick, your living in Cali, they got same great microbreweries out there.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:26 pm

Protput wrote:
what kind?
Had a Fuller's 1845 the other day, mmm. Same for the St Peters Cream Stout I had too.

Hey Dook, ever had Carnegie Porter, good stuff.

Nick, your living in Cali, there are some great microbreweries out on the west coast. Like Stone, Anchor, Sierra Nevada, etc...
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:29 pm

Any fan of good beer should check out this site. They got just about everybody covered.

http://beeradvocate.com/