Ages of War

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Ages of War

Post by Donut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:28 am

Hi Everybody.

So I got really bored tonight and found a new game, Ages of War. It's a bit Kings of Chaos like, but it looks like it requires a bit more thought and strategy, and a little less time. The other thing that struck me about it is that it involves some teamwork. I set up a "Kingdom" for any WOK players who would like to join me try this game out. The kingdom is Wayland (#23). The Password is........ yep, you guessed it.... donutrules.

There is a new round (whatever that means) starting in about an hour and a half from now so it's not like we're gonna be starting already behind which is usually the problem in these games. Let me know who's interested. I've only messed around a little bit tonight, but there seems to be some depth to this game. Could be fun. I need at least 3 more players before we can start running the group. Then it'll be open to anyone :(

Oh yea... use this link: http://www.agesofwar.com/defaultaow.asp?Referer=138
Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:20 pm

It doesn't look like a bad game, but it reminds me too much of Utopia. Usually in games like this one there's a lot of cheating that can go on, and a lot of immature whiny kids playing. Plus it seems pretty unbalanced, when a good half of the provinces belong to one of two races...what's the point of having others? Interesting though, just not my thing. Good luck with it.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:33 pm

I generally agree with you, but this still seems pretty small (<100 players). I think a few players that actually play together could be dangerous.
The scars remind us that the past is real.