ARS MAGNA BELLI - the WOK guild in WoW

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

ARS MAGNA BELLI - the WOK guild in WoW

Post by gm_al » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:15 pm

No Im not MIA 8)

Since WoW got released round here Im simply caught by it. Just like my wife is. We both play over the same IP on different accounts, sharing our adventures in the same online world, in the same guild and cooperating online. The new 3mbit line at home works out I guess, rarely had so much fun in a game ever :P

Of course the "create-a-community" mood took over again, seems I have some kind of genetic malfunction that makes me want to organise guilds wherever I go... not doing a bad job either, we are running smooth and earning lots of respect on the server lately. Someone on SWG once called me the "incubator", guess he was right :)

Check our home at

http://wow.kaomaris.com

(note that my char is "Shekinah" while QP's is "Sitia" and Lille plays as "Aram")

I will post some pictures of our last raids there (involving up to 40 people in our party) soon. Anyone looking to join us online (or that has bought a europen WoW copy) make sure to email me.

Back to my cave now...

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:57 am

So basically, all those tribe suggestions that the WOK 5 focus group sent you are going to languish until you go on a WOK-improvement kick again eh? S'cool, but please let us know when that is, because we'd like to hash out some major changes to the magic system as well but aren't going to approach it until your attention comes back to us. :-)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:48 pm

i'm lvl 59 now ;) almost there!!!!
God of WOK

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:29 pm

Al a quick question for you. I got WoW so my son can play, is it possible for me to play on the same account with a different character when he is not playing? Just trying to get some play time in too, but don't know if I can go and spend double the money.

Massielita
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:13 pm

I have never played WoW specifically, but I would find it very weird if you could not create your own character. The two MMORPGs I played in allowed multiple characters per account. Part of the reasoning behind this is that after you level your character the max level, if you want to create a new character and do the same thing with that character (often called an "alt", short for alternate) most games allow that. The only restriction would be that you couldn't play at the same time as your son; only one character per account can be active at any given time. Some hardcore players buy two accounts and create a buffer/speed bot, but I've always thought that was going a little overboard.

I will say, Massie, that MMORPGs can be fiendishly addictive and you may find yourself wanting to but a new account just so you can play when you son is too. Just wanted to give ya fair warning. :lol:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:54 am

I know that might be the case, but on the plus side, I have my wife to keep me in line, and I assure you it doesn't fit in her budget......LOL
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.