Bringing WOK to HL2, WOW and GuildWars

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Bringing WOK to HL2, WOW and GuildWars

Post by gm_al » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:56 pm

Heya,

I will try to bring some Kaomaris feeling to three of the biggest and best new games out there, namely HL2, Guild Wars and WoW.

For HL2 I am currently creating a map that I hope to present to some HL2 sites when it reaches a certain degree of maturity. I heard from Rune about his love for HL2, so I suggest we put up some HL2 server (Rune ?) where we can upload maps, models, sounds, textures etc. and TESTPLAY the "official" WOK map. 8)
Any help in this regard is highly welcome, send me what you got or plz post some FTP I can use to upload (pm me if needed for passwords and stuff)

Regarding World of Warcraft (WoW) we will try to create a Kaomaris Clan [KAOS] there. Ive already did this for Guild Wars (and as I pre-ordered GW I can keep the Clanname and acronym hehehe) so everyone is invited to join forces with us in those games. Anyone already playing WoW please post your name and server so we can get things going. Both GW and WoW will be out in Europe around the end of January and I STRONGLY encourage you to give them some gaming from your side. These are excellent games and we should set our feet there for good.

WOK ON !

BigJOzzy
Trooper
Trooper

Post by BigJOzzy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:08 pm

How do you get started in Guild Wars Al?
Mathematician is someone who knows that if three people walk into an empty room and five people walk out, then two more people need to walk in to the room to make it empty again.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:42 pm

GW has beta weekends where around 400k of people get a keycode to join for a free gaming weekend. If you pre-order the game you automatically get access to ALL beta events up to the release (around February). All pre-orders also get an invite key so a friend may join them for an event (I invited a friend from work and the result was he will buy the game and keeps talking about it all day now :) ) You can also look into big PC game magazines and eventually there is an access code in there (but they only take limited people from those, so you may need a bit of luck)

Download the client through their main site. They have state-of-the-art technology (as they made the original Battlenet for Diablo 2) that will continually stream game data even while you play. You can play within minutes and there will be no monthly fee ! Everything is instanced in GW, so to meet friends you need to tell them your location and your instance number (ie. "Im in Lions Arch District #17") And look for the [KAOS] Clan ("Kaomaris Servants")

NEXT BETA WEEKEND STARTS ON 2ND WEEKEND OF JANUARY (FRIDAY-SUNDAY)

Official site: http://www.guildwars.com/
Board: http://vnboards.ign.com/Guild_Wars_Gene ... rd/b22740/
Arenanet: http://www.arena.net/news/index.html

CYA ALL THERE !

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:06 am

Just for the record... B-Net was around before Diablo II. Way back when for Warcraft and Starcraft was it around. Man I miss the days of Starcraft. :cry:

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:02 pm

Al... you're confusing games :P

Blizzard is making World of Warcraft which does have a monthly fee.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowbill ... =abl01024p

Guild Wars however does not have a monthly fee. :lol:

Donut

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:54 pm

gm_al wrote:You can play within minutes and there will be no monthly fee ! Everything is instanced in GW...!
:roll:

Did you know... people that can read have a clear advantage in life ? :P

So which one(s) will you play, folx ?

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:18 pm

I was just informing people who were curious of the charges for WoW because you made it sound like the Blizzard game was free... :P And there were people wondering :P .

I could see myself possibly buying GW if I could scrounge up the 50 bucks. Actually if I wasn't broke at the moment I would have probably :lol: Good thing I'm poor.... C'mon Christmas!!!!!!!!

Donut

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:43 pm

If you manage to get into GW (or pre-order it) before January 6th we can meet online and keep the [KAOS] Clan growing. 8)

Sorry about the confusion regarding WOW. It costs $15 a month, but is worth every dime. Ive played the US beta over a month and hardly in my life was there another game impressing me so much for so long. And if you know Blizzard you know they DELIVER in every sense.

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:46 pm

i play wow every moment i can
i am an officer in my guild, the war prophets join the horde side on the archimonde server, i'll hook you up, my ingame name is guess???? smashface! so send me a tell and you got yourself a guild :) a kickass one too... i'm a lvl 41 rogue BTW. so join up and the guild will help ya out!
God of WOK

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:11 am

<misses his DAoC days> :o
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:21 am

Smashie... first of all Im to create a WOK guild so I wont join any other, sorry. Second WoW does currently not allow mixing european players with US or Asia ones, as they limit server access to world regions. They said they MIGHT allow mixing later on, but I doubt to see any US players in WoW anytime soon.

Better get into GW as well where we can all meet :D

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:32 pm

dangnabbit, sorry al, well, you're still welcome to join my guild if ya can, lol anybody else is welcome too
God of WOK