And you complain about your job...

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

And you complain about your job...

Post by Donut » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:27 pm

Ok, I just got this in my e-mail box. I hope to God this is a dirty joke played on our Dean of Students.
CONGRATULATIONS, DR. SCHEIBLER
Richard R. Pieper Chair for Servant Leadership
Distinguished Lecturer in General Studies

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Samuel P. Scheibler has been named to the Pieper Family Endowed Chair for Servant Leadership position at MSOE. This half-time position has been made available by a generous grant from the Richard Pieper Family Foundation.

Dr. Scheibler will begin in this new role as of January 1, 2005. Dr. Scheibler, who received his bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees from Biola University in La Mirada, California, will also continue to teach in the General Studies Department. Dr. Scheibler will carry the titles of Richard R. Pieper Chair for Servant Leadership and Distinguished Lecturer in General Studies. In these dual responsibilities he will report, respectively, to Vice-president for Student Life, Patrick Coffey, and Vice-president for Academics, Dr. Roger Frankowski .

We congratulate Dr. Scheibler on his appointment, and share the excitement of seeing this position, and indeed the Office of Servant Leadership, become a reality at MSOE. We believe that MSOE is the first university in the country to have an endowed Chair for Servant Leadership.

The Office of Servant Leadership will be located in K-240, on the second floor of the Kern Center, adjacent to the Counseling Services and Health Services offices. Please join us in congratulating and supporting Dr. Scheibler in this new position.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Following is additional information about Dr. Scheibler's new appointment:

The Richard R. Pieper Chair for Servant-Leadership is responsible for developing and implementing a Servant-Leader Model at Milwaukee School of Engineering in accord with the principles articulated by Robert K. Greenleaf, AT&T executive at the time, in a 1970 publication entitled "The Servant as Leader."

The concept of "servant-leadership" emphasizes increased service to others; a holistic approach to work; promoting a sense of community; and the sharing of power in decision-making.

The Chair for Servant-Leadership will be expected to facilitate and nurture servant leaders, formally and informally, in the following ways:

* Identify and nurture servant leaders at MSOE through a series of ongoing activities and events, as well as recognize outstanding servant-leadership through formal and informal media

* Network with community partners, businesses and professional organizations to enhance and expand opportunities in service learning, internships, and professional mentoring experiences for MSOE students

* Collaborate with established Servant-Leadership programs at other institutions of higher education to develop appropriate methods to grow the concept and nurture the characteristics of servant-leadership in MSOE students

* Help create a dynamic environment to nurture future leaders at the University

* Identify, produce, and /or present scholarly papers and research designed to facilitate and promote Servant-Leadership at MSOE, and character education within the Milwaukee community.

As Distinguished Lecturer in General Studies, this individual will:

* Forward the ideas, values, and characteristics of Servant-Leadership in the classroom by teaching and example

* Investigate and supply resources to assist university faculty in integrating the philosophy of Servant-Leadership into their teaching and community service

* Work cooperatively with Department Chairs to imbue the concepts and principles of Servant-Leadership in existing courses in the curriculum that appear appropriate.

-- END --

-------------------------------
Patrick J. Coffey
Dean of Students /
Vice President of Student Life
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:00 am

Uh, come again? :?:
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:48 pm

Dameon, dont encourage him to go on.
First one here, last one to leave.

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:04 pm

Dameon wrote:Uh, come again? :?:
Duke wrote:Dameon, dont encourage him to go on.
Dito on both of those statements. :speechless:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:22 am

Maybe I'm unaware of an actual title of Servant Leader... I guess it seems wierd to me...

Ok, I just looked it up. I've never heard of a "Servant-Leader." Apparently it's a person who likes to serve others... Who knew...

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Underdog
Commander
Commander

Post by Underdog » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:01 pm

OK, but do they make him use the servants entrance to get to his office?
:lol:
There's no need to fear...........
Underdog is here