Tales from the Real Life

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Duke

Tales from the Real Life

Post by Duke » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:52 am

Let me warn you singles out there what it means to live in a relationship.

Two topics has been discussed in our house today. Colours and The lack of respect of my things.

First, colours. I was told to buy a new shirt to one of my daughters. My wife told me what store it was in, where in the store and what colour it was.

I bought it.

When I come home I get a yelling for buying the wrong shirt! The size whas right, the type of shirt was right and it was pink.

"I said OLD pink, not plain pink!"

Old pink? Let me tell any females that might read this over the shoulder of their gameplaying man that to a man there are only ony type of pink. There arent any Old Pink, New Pink, Warm pink, Mature Pink, only pink, ok? While on the subject, try think of men set to windows default 16 colours. That way we rule out all the weird ones as well. Mango for instance is a fruit to a man...at best.

Then the lack of respect for my things. A wierd coincidence occurs from time to time. The cord to the wireless broadband transmitter gets pulled out. Despite my efforts to hide it one of my daughters finds it enjoying to pull it out with the result that I get pissed. Then my wife tells me to calm down, it is only a cord. All I have to do is put it back in.

Now, when ANYONE moves ANYTHING of hers the following takes place:

A big cloud moves in front of the sun. The wind picks up and the temperature drops drastically. You hear a dog bark somwhere far away and my wife transform into Pinhead from Hellraiser. "Hiss, hisssss, a frrriend of mine wants yourrr skin. Unless my items arrre put back into thier placesssss I might grrrant him that favour"

Funny that the same rules doesnt apply. :)
First one here, last one to leave.

gm_al
Creator
Creator

Post by gm_al » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:12 pm

Just tell your wife they call the color "porky pink" and you can be sure you wont need to buy it.

And in my experince the women's mood is very dependant on moon phases, so try to coordinate your temper and expectations with this next time. :P