Woohoo - Half-Life 2 is coming!

Everything non-WOK related should go in here.

Moderators: Duke, trewqh, korexus, Egbert

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Woohoo - Half-Life 2 is coming!

Post by Mullog » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:18 am

Yay!
Finally Half-Life 2 is complete, and it will be released in november!
Woohoo! And so on...
Don't you know what Half-Life is? You can download a scanned copy of the first review here: http://aaltonen.us/archive/2004/10/03/n ... -2-review/ or you can read more here http://half-life2.com/.

In short: This is going to be the most impressive single player game ever made. 8) So dont expect to hear from me at the end of november.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:39 am

I'm pretty sure HL 2 is just as overhyped as Doom 3, which was a major disappointment.

I am looking forward to Counter-Strike: source though. That will be my first ever game that i pay for!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:31 pm

Counter-Strike was amazing!!! I think that Valve is really going to mess up not putting this one for online play. It may be a great Single-Player game, but not too much good for people who like to kill their next door neighbor.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:51 pm

Do people actually play Half Life online (can you)?

All the different mods like CS are extremely popular though. So Counter-Strike: Source will be the new counter-strike based on the Half Life Engine...looks great and it will probably keep the same great game play as Counter-Strike.

Talking about pc games...anybody played Sims 2 yet? :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:08 pm

I don't know if it's just that I didn't like the game play or if I didn't like the controls. It seemed to me like there was just too much going on at once in Sim 2 and you can only do so much at 1 time. The game looks great and the interaction between characters is nice, but I found it to be too intensive for me. I'd much rather run down a street filled with Terrorists guns a-blazing for 5 sec than spend 2 hours trying to get a guy to sleep with the maid (which proved to be unsuccessful :roll: ).

I thought about trying a game called Evil Genious, it seems to be pretty popular... anyone heard about it yet?

Sal: What is CS: Source? Is it a new make on the HL1 engine or are they doin it to the HL2 engine? I haven't heard anything about it but I loved CS. I spent way too much time playing it though... the hours just seemed to drip away when playing.

Donut

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm

CS: Source is CS on the HL 2 engine. :D

So does that mean you don't play CS any more Donut? I guess i still play it 1-2 hours a day...quite addictive. :D

I've read a preview on Evil Genious at Gamespot. I sounds like a fun game, though as with most of those management games they bore me after a while i fear.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:29 pm

I gave up my endless hours of CS last year when school began. I haven't picked it up since... especially since I don't own a legal copy. Now ever since I modded my xbox, WOK is the closest I usually get to a computer game. I've started trying new games though... none of which I have the money to buy :cry:

Donut

Volicor
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Volicor » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:57 am

i'm up for HL2 i built myself a new MONSTER computer gosh i love it! WoW and HL2 are coming up soon, YEY

Mullog
Veteran
Veteran
Location: Aalesund, Norway (freezing!). Member of the Vulkings

Post by Mullog » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:10 am

I also got a monster computer, but I was lucky enough to have my employer buy it! :D

Did you guys read the HL2 review? It seems to be just as incredible as expected, so I am really looking forward to it.

Sims2 is ok. If you like Sims, you will like 2 too (hehe). I created a family with two grown ups and a baby, and let the computer play them. After an hour the baby was taken away from them, for they let it sleep on the kitchen floor and did not look after it, and after a few more hours they both died. It was horrible! Its like watching Big Brother the way it should have been...

I tried Evil Genious last night. It was fun, but not too interesting. Its very much like the Dungeon Keeper games.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
- Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:42 pm

Evil Genious is quite amusing to play.

Ok... So when does CS: Source come out? I've seen Pirated copies of it out but doesn't it require HL2, which isn't out yet? I need info before I go and get my free copy... I might actually buy this one when I get some cash.

Donut

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:51 pm

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the only game I'm waiting for. :D
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:51 pm

I think I'm gonna have to quit college for a few months to play video games...

Donut