Who wants a new game?

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Which of the games would you like to see run?

One-Way Streets
No votes
The Ten Kingdoms
67%
Island Empire-Hopping
No votes
Missilemania
33%

Total votes: 6

korexus

Who wants a new game?

Post by korexus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:16 am

Right then, my group 01 is nearing the final stages. That means it's about time for me to think up an idea for group 02. It's going to be an X-game of some form, you don't get any choice in that. However, I think I have a nice selection lined up so something should catch your eye...

Please vote for the game you most like the sound of. Posting as to why you like it or extra suggestions will gain you credit, which may help you get a space in the game! :wink:

Idea 1: One Way Streets.
Link: http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/group02a.php

The map is made up of 3 concentric rings with the neighbour data edited so that on the outside ring provinces only neigbour provinces in the clockwise direction and on the second ring, only in the anti-clockwise direction. (as shown by crappy arrows.) The central ring is unchanged.

Idea 2: 10 Kingdoms.
Link: http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/group02b.php

Map drawn by Xarfei. Each player gets a fairly even start, isolated in their own kingdom. Each kingdom is seperated from the others by one or more tundra provinces. However players may not attack tundras until they reach at least tech level 5.
There are also 8 'ports' on the map. (Marked by an anchor.) These neighbour all the other port provinces, however players may not move/GCA/attack between them until the reach tech level 10. This may also be affected as per 'bad weather and bridges' if I'm feeling mean.
Teleport will only be activated at tech level 15 and the no player without a city rule will be in effect.

Idea 3: Double Map.
Link: http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/group02c.php

Taking place simultaneously on two maps, this option wouldn't be for players that can't focus (or those who like long NAPs) for the agressive player though, it could be a lot of fun. The two maps being used are Island Empires and Island Hopping and I have modified the ini file so that if provinces were neighbours on either map, the manager will read them as being neighbours. Allowing for surprise cross map attacks.

Idea 4: Missilemania.
Link: http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/group02d.php

OK, this one wasn't my idea, but I've had a request to run it after the map proved to be so much fun the first time round. Long range-cross-map-missile throwing. Always good for a laugh.

Vote now, and post your comments here!

GM Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:08 am

I would be happy to play on any of the maps,
although I would of course much prefer to play on the "10 Kingdoms" map.

The "double map" option seems very challenging,
maybe a bit to much for me right now with exams coming up......

Xarfei

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:50 am

Well any of the wok 4 games would be fun. :D

The two map game looks really challenging, so i guess i would go for that.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:15 am

Saladin wrote:Well any of the wok 4 games would be fun. :D

The two map game looks really challenging, so i guess i would go for that.

Sssshhh! No one tell Sal that it's WoK 5! :lol:

I could do a WoK 4 version of the same thing, but it's tedious work...

korexus.

Xarfei
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Xarfei » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:42 pm

Made up your mind yet Korexus?

Your Group#01 will hopefully be over next turn ;)
So what's the new game going to be?

Xarfei

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon May 03, 2004 7:40 pm

OK, group 1 is officially over. It's time to start warming up the next one.

The trend seems to be that Xarfei's "10 Kingdoms" map will be the most fun, so I'll give that one a go. Here is what I'm suggesting for the rules:

Players start in a city.
No Player without a city.
Teleport at tech level 15.
Attack orders into tundra provinces will be deleted unless the player has at least tech level 5.
Attack, GCA and movement orders between two "ports" will only be allowed if the player has at least tech level 10. (I will not use the weather to affect this.)
OOP will be random each turn (not score dependant).

I will also allow players to choose their starting spell and tribe. -Mainly because I'm curious as to what they'll choose, but also because it will reduce the "luck" factor associated with them being random. If players have a preference, they should say what it is when asking for a spot.

The game will be rated.

Anything else should be covered by my houserules, http://www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/houserules.html . I'll accept applications from this moment. But won't run turn 0 for a week. That should give all players a chance to sign up. Also it means people get a chance to mention any worries they may have here on the boards. Preference will be given to players currently in fewer games.

GM Chris.