Money makes the world go round...

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Saladin

Money makes the world go round...

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi, i was just thinking about something Vortan said a while back. That it's illogical that in standard wok all pop just dissappears during a game and even that armies work for free. So i was thinking...why not run a hybrid game! A cross over between standard and advanced wok!

It will basically be standard wok (so no magic and no feeding your people), but players will have to run a (simplified) economy.

Basically it will be pop, pay gold in taxes, gold is used to pay your army. If you don't pay enough you lose eff.

This way all players will have to keep pop around and they will have to defend their pop otherwise their armies will be seriously weakened.

This will require some manual work for a gm (keeping track of gold and if necessary change the EFF level of a player). But that shouldn't be too much work.

So what do people think? It might be a nice gateway setup for people to try advanced wok after they've tried this.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:09 pm

Wait till WoK MW comes out...

Matt :whip: Chris
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Brykovian

Post by Brykovian » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:13 pm

korexus wrote:Wait till WoK MW comes out...

Matt :whip: Chris
Why are you whipping *me*?

Wasn't there something that you were going to e-mail me so we can move things along? :P

-Bryk
Matt Worden Games ... Gem Raider, DareBase, Castle Danger, Keeps & Moats Chess

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:15 pm

Good idea!

But you'd have to make sure that players won't to try go around your system by making a TECH -> EFF transform each turn (or every other turn). Maybe if there were some bonuses for surplus money...? Also, would the surplus money be available on the next turns? Or will the account go back to zero at the end of a turn?

This would need lots of balancing, I think.
trewqh
the gleefully aggressive Vulking

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Brykovian wrote: Wasn't there something that you were going to e-mail me so we can move things along? :P
Sent at 16:11 today, right after I posted. (And two minutes before you posted. Who looks silly now, eh? What do you mean it's still me?! :? :oops:

korexus
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:08 pm

Good point Trewqh. I think taking out the +60% eff option for this game would be good. And of course lots of pop in the provinces.
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:17 pm

I am all for more POP in provinces (see tbert v Vortan Duel - Lite in Caribbean) because there is nothing worse than starting with virtually none, well except of course starting with none - but we wont even think about that one ... NIGHTMARES ... where did I put that Psychiatrists number?
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!