Another idea!

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Another idea!

Post by Vortan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:37 pm

What about TWO player with NO Bots & No NAPs.

It would allow for a longer game with much higher emphasis on tactical planning as opposed to pure mindless anarchy (see Saladins playing style :P )
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 pm

The way I see Duel going (with suitable room for Han to give input) is:

Solo: 1 spot each, 8 robos, no NAPs
Lite: 2 spots each, 6 robos, no NAPs
Duel: 3 spots each, 4 robos, NAPs
Max: 5 spots each, no robos, NAPs.

Shortly followed by "Trinity" - being a setup for three players, with 1, 2 or 3 spots each and then maybe some sort of Tag Team option for two teams of 2 players...

Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Vortan
Commander
Commander

Post by Vortan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:06 pm

They all sound very interesting but if you hadn't guessed I could definately become an avid supporter of the single position versions of those proposed. As I think I said when still incredibly new (like ... ooo ... 2 months ago :P ) I found the idea of mutiple positions, particularily when restrictions are placed upon them with the NAP system, totally mind-boggling. Having now actually played a Duel and 2 Duel-Lite's I can say with total certainty that I will not be volunteering myself for further full duels. I think I will stick to duel lite with only 2 spots and no NAPs.

I would be eternally grateful if the one on one with no NAPs could be done.

There is one possible option for the Duel's/Duel-Lite's that would make for a very different game altogether.

The robo players currently move predictably to the next lower province number, with the various rulings overlaying this. A simple Random Number Generator for 2 (RND*2) will return a value of 0 or 1. An IF/THEN check (or equivalent) would decide then whether to use the Robo attacks DOWN protocol, or the robo attacks UP protocol.

A final addition could be another IF/THEN relating to IF a move cant be done THEN rather than getting stuck go other way and IF they can't do that then let them be stuck.

Taking away some, if not all the predictability for the robo's would add a further dimension that even the old hands would find more challenging.

Anyway. Enough of me. See I am off again when I can't do it myself. If you have no equivalent to the BASIC's IF/THEN check then tear this post up and bin it, tell me and I will leave you alone. :wink:
Now WHY did it do THAT!

If at first you don't succeed - give up and have a coffee!

Yes I am on the transplant list for a new sense of humour!