New Game: Grudge Match.

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:27 pm

As you can see my avatar is shaking in his boots Donut......well, ummmmm....no boots but he is shaking.
Anyways, I am still game. Ratings don't bother me so I'm still playing.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:23 am

korexus wrote:More to the point, there's a queue! Of the people I currently have listed, 4 have mentioned TK as player they'd like to fight it out with. Does this make him the most offensive person in WoK? :wink:
Finally some recognition.

Who are the brave-but-foolish 4? :twisted:

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:10 pm

I'll let you know. I put your name down. Not that we would be evenly matched. My wok 5 skills are still pretty low. But I do have a small grudge. Remember bombing my home province in GM_Nick's game? So no real enmity here but a little bit of payback(I'd probably still lose but would be fun trying). But skill wise I'm sure the other 3 are probably closer to you then I am so I will probably be paired with Donut.

korexus

Post by korexus » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:22 pm

TK wrote: Finally some recognition.

What's this? Lost track of all the people you've insulted over the years? :P
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:01 pm

Hey! You've insulted more people than I have TK, and that takes some talent! :P Keep up the good work, eh?
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:44 pm

Its OK Val... you can blame Nick for using shoddy rules. :wink:

Anybody else want to own up? Saladin? Naah he cant handle WOK5. Hmmm.....

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:53 am

LOL, i have a better WOK 5 record than you TK. :P

I've played in 3 wok 5 games, won two and the third was the champs. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Hannibal
Commander
Commander
Location: London and The Vulkings Clan.............(started in Valn Ohtar, then jointly founded The Vulkings)

Post by Hannibal » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:42 am

korexus wrote:
TK wrote: Finally some recognition.

What's this? Lost track of all the people you've insulted over the years? :P
Surely not a fault of memory......but it must be hard whittling it down to 4.....

~ Han :)
There are two ways to write: Short-hand, and Long-Han'ed. ~ Han

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs"......... it's probably just that you're the last person to appreciate the enormity of the catastrophe about to

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:51 am

Mysterious Person still hasn't got back to me with his original details and Undertaker hasn't contacted me at all so there is one space going free. BoV, VO and SoOFF have filled their slots but anyone else is welcome to sign up.

GM Chris.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:47 pm

Saladin wrote:LOL, i have a better WOK 5 record than you TK. :P
The WOK5 hiscore suggests otherwise. :wink:

Oh, and prehistoric test games dont count. So the only REAL game you played was the Champs. And you died. 8)

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:29 pm

The WOK 5 highscore only lists games that have been played this period. I haven't played any wok 5 games this period.

I played 3 wok 5 games last period (Larry's 10 and Wayne's 11 and the Champs)...2 out of 3...not a bad average i must say. :P

I guess i just got bored with wok 5...no competition. At least in wok 4 you have guys like Hannibal giving you a run for your money! :P :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

MysteriousPerson
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MysteriousPerson » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:03 pm

I just don't want my old character to be used. Can't I just play?

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:02 pm

Unless you think we are "psycho" or "crazy", tell us who you are and you most likely can play.

:D

We won't get mad, well maybe Donut will.................
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:12 pm

The WSC have been having long discussions about this...

Opinion seems to vary from "at the least, the GM should know" to "no player should ever play under a pseudonym for any reason". I'm closer to the first case and it is a GM decision but it was pointed out to me that in a "Grudge Match" it is more in flavour for players to know who they're fighting against.

Despite what some people said during that discussion, it is not against the rules for you to play under the name MysteriousPerson without revealling your previous name but everyone round here would feel a whole lot more comfortable if you did. Players have done it before (indeed, if Allister is right and you are Crazy Psycho, you have done it before) and for purposes of Kaohalla if you win VPs from the game, it would make life a lot less complicated.

I won't be accepting you into this game without your original player name (and preferably a reason why you feel the need to hide it). Other GMs may take a different view and your welcome to try your luck with them or to wait for my group 4 which will have a different theme.

To all players, I am now up to 10 players in the game. My list stays open until Friday at which point, if I have too many players I will reject some of them. I will try to base which players I keep on pairings up which I feel will be entertaining to watch.

GM Chris.

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:28 pm

Saladin wrote:I played 3 wok 5 games last period (Larry's 10 and Wayne's 11 and the Champs)...2 out of 3...not a bad average i must say. :P
Umm, Sal, have you been on the mushrooms again? You played in the Vice Champs last period. It's easy to check because you won them. The Vice Champs are played in WoK 4

Unfortunately, pages for Larry's 10 and Wayne's 11 aren't available. Does anyone who was in those games remember seeing Sal? (When you say Wayne's 11, you don't mean Wayne Taylor aka GM Taker's 11 do you? Because that was WoK 4 and you didn't win it...

korexus.

SmashFace

Post by SmashFace » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:31 pm

I remember larry's 10... me and sal took that one home :)
Last edited by SmashFace on Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God of WOK

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:05 pm

korexus wrote:
Saladin wrote:I played 3 wok 5 games last period (Larry's 10 and Wayne's 11 and the Champs)...2 out of 3...not a bad average i must say. :P
Umm, Sal, have you been on the mushrooms again?
Yes i had some yesterday, how did you know?
You played in the Vice Champs last period.
No i played in the WOK 4 Champs this period. I qualified for the WOK 4 champs last period, but the game started in the current period. Same with the WOK 5 champs.
Unfortunately, pages for Larry's 10 and Wayne's 11 aren't available. Does anyone who was in those games remember seeing Sal? (When you say Wayne's 11, you don't mean Wayne Taylor aka GM Taker's 11 do you? Because that was WoK 4 and you didn't win it...
NO! There's only ONE GM WAYNE! You as a Scholar should know that! Wait till i tell Eg, he'll have you dusting all his books again!

I think i shared Larry's 10 with Smashie and shared Wayne's 11 with Larry. :D

Actually the FF can tell you about Wayne's game as i beat the crap out of AF in that one whilst he and UT were trying to double team me. :P

Ah the good old days. :P

Lord Fredo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lord Fredo » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:45 pm

korexus wrote:The WSC have been having long discussions about this...

Oh yeah ... and here I thought I was a part of that. Somebody who can might want to add my preferred e-mail adress fredrik_kristensson@bredband.net to the mailing list instead to my appearently obsolete hotmail adress.

About this anonymous player it all just seems ridicoulous. If you want to play in a game for advanced players you need to step up and prove yourself. If not you can only be treated as a newbie and then you need to find yourself a clan to join for starters.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:40 pm

Oooooohhhhhh..... SNAP!!!! You got Seeeeerrrrvvveeddd. Score one for Fredo.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

CrazyPsycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by CrazyPsycho » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:11 am

ok guess It'll have to go this way...
It is me, Crazy Psycho...
the reason I tried using a new name was because I wouldn't want my past wok results be a part of how people look at me as a player. I'm well aware that I...how shall I put this...was a crappy player? perhaps.

I wanted to start with a clean sheet and show that I am a good player and I'm willing to prove it if I get the chance. So please don't judge me by my past and give me a chance before the lot of you start killing me.

I hereby also ask for forgiveness regarding my past, to all clans I left. And in particular the First Family, which I never even played a game for.

There probably will be people who'll have it in for me, I'll just have to prove myself.