New Game: Grudge Match.

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

korexus

New Game: Grudge Match.

Post by korexus » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:50 am

Well, the Grudge Match option seems to be the clear leader in the vote. With 7 people voting for it and another saying he'd be willing to play already I don't imagine there'll be any problem filling this list.

I'll keep the waitlist open for about a week and will probalby run turn 0 on Saturday 9th. Turns will be run twice a week, I don't envision much diplomacy in this game so I won't give extra time to turn 1.

Normally if over-subscribed I'd offer places to players in fewer games, but I'd rather get some intresting fights in here so I'll favour players with grudges (So Nick & TK are in :wink: ) However as you all seem to have come down with a terrible case of nice recently I may have to pair you off myself. Also, if you have a preference for starting spell and/or tribe then let me know.

Email me (GM_Chris@kaomaris.com) to join. Please include your name, clan and a list of people you would like to give a trouncing. I will be pairing you by skill as much as possible, so no choosing Ecrivian (except for trewqh of course :P ) If you want to fight somone generaly considered better than yourself though, I don't have problem with that. :D

I'll just finish off the page. Link will be in kaobase within the hour.

Link: www.gmchris.kaomaris.com/group03.php

GM Chris.
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Saladin

Re: New Game: Grudge Match.

Post by Saladin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:44 am

korexus wrote:I will be pairing you by skill as much as possible, so no choosing Ecrivian (except for trewqh of course :P )
Don't forget about Donut!
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:42 pm

Doesn't this map remind you of someone????? :?

Maybe you should call it Donut's for everyone. :wink:

Then you could let Donut play 5 times and the other 5 players could each start off playing against Donut. Hmmmmmm, nah too easy!!!! :lol:

j/k Donut!!!!!

trewqh

Post by trewqh » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:37 pm

What about cities?

Since Ecrivian is away then I'll gladly face Donut :) He surly would have been under me in the ratings if he didn't supervise them. [Trying to start a grudge here :P]

I'll make Donut regret he didn't join the Vulkings :P

trewqh

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:54 pm

Oh jeez.... lets everyone pick on Donut now... :cry: :cry: :cry: :P

lol... Trewqh is far better than I am, so I think I'll stick to facing Validon. Maybe I'll get revenge for Dookies game. I would also face Sal... we're 1 and 1 recently (although I give Mullog most of the credit in Vals). I'll get another chance at Sal though :P

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:11 pm

Currently there are no cities. If people can't cope then I cal up the stock limits or add cities to each of the mountain provinces. I did deliberatly leave out the cities, but now I'm having second thoughts...

I've already had 3 applications from VO: Dameon, Aussie Gaz and Duke. I'll let you guys sort it out.

GM Chris.

MysteriousPerson
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MysteriousPerson » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:41 am

hmm, I noticed this topic later...that's what you get for getting drunk 24/7

Put me against anyone you want, I need to get back into it..

korexus

Post by korexus » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:54 am

MysteriousPerson, you are too mysterious for me and without my Shiney Forum Powers I have no idea who you are.

You need to email me, GM_Chris@kaomaris.com to join this game. Telling me your name, and clan. Also, this is a WoK V game, so unless you are an advanced player I'm afraid it's not open to you...

Thanks,

GM Chris.

MysteriousPerson
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MysteriousPerson » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:01 am

I did mail you,

I'll put my details here:

Mysterious Person
Mercenary
the email is mysteriousperson11@hotmail.com(go ahead, spam me)
And yes I am advanced.

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:58 pm

Hello Captain Obvious, you are are one "Crazy" player :roll:
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:57 pm

Yo fool, it's hard for Chris to match you up against somebody of equal skill if he doesn't know who you are. There's any number of ex-advanced WOK players floating around the 'net, and a large discrepency in skill among them. A Henri would certainly be much more of a threat than say, a X-Wing, y'know? I certainly wouldn't accept a no-name assuring me he was advanced without knowing who it was, especially not in a game like this....although it's Chris' call, of course. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:08 pm

Yo fool?

Teacher Nick has turned into Nick Dogg. Wassup!

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:54 pm

I ain't no sucka!!! I pity tha foo!!! Stay in School!!!

Donut

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:26 am

I still haven't received an email from Mysterious Player so I haven't added him/her to the wait list yet. I would be willing for a player to sign up under an alternative name as long as I knew the player was advanced under another name. (Although the WSC might have something to say about VPs...)

For now, however, I have 9 sign ups and an unanswered challange to Undertaker. VO, BoV and SoOFF have filled their slots. Anyone else is still welcome.

GM Chris

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:51 am

*CoMankindugh*

Donut

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:56 am

Come on Taker - join up. I will need an ally at some point!!

Hey can I play against Mister Mystery? He should be a more interesting fight than Nick!! :wink:

Allister Fiend
Commander
Commander

Post by Allister Fiend » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 pm

Taker is up North for the weekend ans is due home today sometime.
Oh no!!! I'm out of those important papers.......

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:58 pm

C'mon TK, what makes you think that Chris is going to pair us against each other? I mean, it's not like we've ever had problems getting along or anythying. 8)
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

korexus

Post by korexus » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:31 pm

Dameon wrote:C'mon TK, what makes you think that Chris is going to pair us against each other? I mean, it's not like we've ever had problems getting along or anythying.

More to the point, there's a queue! Of the people I currently have listed, 4 have mentioned TK as player they'd like to fight it out with. Does this make him the most offensive person in WoK? :wink:

Amazingly enough, no current scholars are on that list as yet. I wonder if I could find some more anti-TK sentiment there, give Craig a spot on each island and let everyone take out their aggression on him!

In other news, it's come to my attention that I didn't mention earlier that this game will not be rated. I do approve of the ratings scheme generally however in this game, with players pitted against each other by skill level, being one of the first 5 RIPs is not really justification for a drop in rating. Anyone who doesn't like that can now use it as a cheap excuse to chicken out of the fight. :P

GM Chris.

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:03 pm

korexus wrote:Anyone who doesn't like that can now use it as a cheap excuse to chicken out of the fight. :P
It's ok Val... I won't think anything less of you if you'd like to step aside :P :twisted:

Donut