New Game: Grudge Match.

Discuss your weirdest WOK game ideas and plans here.

Moderators: trewqh, korexus

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:19 pm

Welcome back CP! Good Luck with changing certain peoples viewpoints about your gaming. As you know we have some VERY opinionated people in wok who won't change thier minds if there is absolute proof against them. So I would suggest not worrying about what others think and just let the proof be in your play and actions. This is the only way to change others thoughts(won't work for some). :wink:

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:31 pm

Welcome back Crazy!!!

Having a beef with TFF...join me in some TFF ass kicking. :P
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:54 pm

CP is now on the list of players. As I mentioned before this will take the number of players to 11 I'll decide who's out at random at the end of tomorrow, then line up the remainder as well as I can. Crazy, if you stay in, the grudge match will be a good place to start changing your reputation as you can be sure of only fighting one person at the beginning. - You won't get everyone jumping on you at once.

Good Luck!
With Great Power comes Great Irritability

Egbert
Commander
Commander

Post by Egbert » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 pm

I am sorry I didn't have the time to enter this game. It looks like fun. I think this would be a great game for a Champs setup. You could have the players face off against each other by "seeding." 1 v. 10, 2 v. 9, etc.

This would also be a great setup for a Clan War.
"Fairy tales can come true,
They can happen to you,
If you're young at heart."

Saladin

Post by Saladin » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:33 pm

I agree about the clan war, but with the wok 4/5 Champs it would totally ruin the most important part of the game...the diplomacy. :wink:
"Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity."

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves."

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:57 pm

I at first was pretty enthused about this being great for the champs games... but Sal's right. The thing that seperates say, Eggy, to say... Me is that he doesn't get stuck in 5 on 2s and has an amazing ability to turn people against others. Diplomacy is one of the greatest factors in the game and shouldn't be left out of the champs.

Donut
The scars remind us that the past is real.

Dameon

Post by Dameon » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:40 pm

Donut and Sal are right. This is a great idea for an X-Game, but how well one does isn't going to reflect the diplomatic aspects of the game that play such a large role in things. It'll still be great fun, but it'd be a poor setup for a Champs game, I think.
"A Knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath outdoes the wicked."

Undertaker
Commander
Commander

Post by Undertaker » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:32 am

Sorry Aussie, I've been swamped lately. I'm going to have to decline. Nothing personal, I fully respect you, I just don't have the time. Chris would like to run it twice a week and I can't do it at this time.
"That's a good question. Let me see...In my case, you know, I hate to advocate drugs or liquor, violence, insanity to anyone. But in my case it's worked." Hunter S. Thompson

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am

The map wouldn't really be too hot for a clan war either. The initial pairing would all be fine, but after that there's a strong chance that one player will either have to stay at home doing nothing for most of the rest of the game or go through his own clan mates to get in on the action.

Of course, this would affect everyone equally and would certainly make for an interesting twist...

korexus.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:12 pm

For a clan war, you could keep the islands separate for the whole game. Whoever wins the most 1-on-1's is the winner.

Also it would be interesting for the champs game, but probably not for the best. The "diplomats" among us (read: crappy fighters) wouldnt like it. :wink:

korexus

Post by korexus » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:54 pm

Some players still haven't got back to me with their choice of spell and tribe. Fortunately for them, I'm going away this afternoon and not getting back till tomorrow so they have a slight reprieve. (TK's coming home and I don't want to help him unpack! :wink:) I will run turn 0 as close as possible to my original deadline of 12 midday my time on Saturday. Anyone who hasn't given me their choices by then wil get random selections.

I will try to find time to email the players who don't make it in individually. Currently I am oversubscribed by two, I will decide who doesn't make it in at random and players who I have to reject will get priority places in my next game.

GM Chris.

PS, to TK. Just because you've made so many enemies that diplomacy doesn't work for you any more doesn't mean that it's not a perfectly viabable option for those of us who haven't made all the other players distrust us... :P

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:29 am

"viabable"?!?

Duke

Post by Duke » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:59 pm

I see that Mr.Nitpick is on his toes these days. :roll:

CrazyPsycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by CrazyPsycho » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:20 am

got a question:
let's say someone got the entire island under his control except for 1 province, which is controlled by the other player on the island.
If the first player kills the other player, can he move on to the islands by crossing the bridge the same turn or the turn after it?

for example: I got all provinces except for province 9, can I go 9-8-7 and so on next turn, or just 9

korexus

Post by korexus » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:37 am

I have to open the bridges manually, which means it has to be done between turns. So it's the turn after a player wins his match that he can attack out. This also means that the player(s) on the next island will get a little advance warning.

Validon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Validon » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Donut!

ARE YOU READY TO RRRRUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBBLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!

See you on turn #2! :twisted:

Donut
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Donut » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:37 pm

:monkey: :mfight: :monkeyride: :jigga: :twister: :shakin::
The scars remind us that the past is real.

TK
Trooper
Trooper

Post by TK » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:50 pm

What a dull turn!

Next turn may be better!

korexus

Post by korexus » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:46 am

TK wrote:What a dull turn!
I blame it on the players who only took two provinces to try and stay away from their oponents. Hiding as a strategy doesn't make for a game which is interesting to watch...

CrazyPsycho
Recruit
Recruit

Post by CrazyPsycho » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:02 am

it's almost like players use diplomacy. Nah that can't be :lol: